|Cupar Heritage Museum began with a board being formed under the town of Cupar bylaw in 1990. With assistance of the Town of Cupar, the Cupar Historical Committee, the Hungarian Dance Club, the Lions Club, various donations, fund raisers and much help from many volunteers and board members, the museum officially opened on Sunday, June 3, 1995.|
The Museum is housed in two buildings, the old Masonic Hall built in 1915 and the old curling rink built in 1954. At the present time the display area covers some 343 square meters and a workshop area of 90 square meters. The displays represent many facets of life in Cupar and District from the early pioneer days to the present time. They include cultural, religious, sports, homemaking, medical, military, farming and other historical views.
The museum is opened seasonally from May long weekend to the long weekend in September with other visits available by contacting the town office or a museum board member.
|The museum has many|
interesting exhibits, this one
depicts a portion
of the kitchen exhibit.
|A bird's eye view of a portion|
of the museum showing a part
of the wildlife display, military, and
Hungarian culture group display.
|A section of the sports exhibit showing|
Eddie Shore display with photographs of
early Cupar hockey team, Sask. Sports
Hall of Fame induction presentation,
newspaper clippings and story by Nancy
Turner of Cupar depicting his hockey life.
|View of portion of the exhibit|
showing Dr. Stuart's buggy.
Dr Stuart came to Cupar in
1906 and administered tothe peoples' needs
until his death in 1941.