In 1911, within one month, Cupar was hit twice by fires on Main St. (Stanley St) They were on the same block, closest to Railway St. but opposite sides of the street. How absolutely devastating for a quickly growing town. We are fortunate to have photographs of each side of the street, and a write up from the Cupar Herald, one dated 23/Feb/11, the other 9/Mar/11.
February 23, 1911
Below is a sketch of Main St. in 1914, the vacant lot is where the livery stable was. On the opposite side of the street is the hotel and new buildings between that and the Drug Hall.