Friday, October 31

White City


Seems odd to say I love going to network meetings, but I actually do. They are only twice a year and are held in different towns so it gives me a chance to see places I might not have gotten around to going to. Qu'Appelle Valley Network had their meeting Oct 18 at White City. I confess White City was not high on my places to visit list, so it was a pleasant surprise. I did not know there had been a Dad's Cookie Factory there. Long gone. Oh well. Rebecca and 2 other women have formed a committee and received a grant from Sask Culture to do a study on what kind of museum the community wants. They are getting input from town council, businesses, schools etc. White City is evolving and growing rapidly.  Good luck to everyone. A very exciting time.

No comments: